Great for gifts, keep the kids happy with these simple and easy Italian Biscotti. The name Biscotti comes from the process baked twice. So here goes the recipe.
Cuisine : Italian
Course : Snaks
Skill Level : Medium
- 180 grams plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 110grams sugar
- 70 grams Blanched almonds
- 50grams Chocolate chips
- 2 egg yolks and 1 egg white
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 160C
- Sieve the plain flour into a bowl and add baking powder, sugar, almonds, chocolate chips till all the ingredients are incorporated completely.
- Add the egg yolks and start binding the mixture to make a dough
- Continue to add the egg white very slowly while mixing until it is all combined and does not stick to the bowl.
Note: You can use extra flour to make the dough and make sure you add just the right amount of egg white. You don’t have to use all the egg white. Once the dough is done, divide it into two 6 inch logs and place them on a greased baking sheet and let it bake for 20 mins exactly.You will have a firm but half cooked dough.
Take them out and get rid of the edges and cut the logs into 20 to 24 biscotti’s and place them back in the oven for another 20 mins
At this point you can lay them close to each other because they are not going to spread anymore.Once they are out, leave them to cool completely before serving to get the perfect crunch. Enjoy on a cold winter afternoon with piping hot tea! And they are great as gifts during holidays when you have so many friends and relatives visiting you.